Thursday, April 6, 2023

I didn't choose the foodie life, the foodie life chose me!

Hi there friend! 

What's on the menu for today? 

That's just what I have cooked up for y'all, one of my favorite toppings to discuss - food! 

I live to eat, it's one of the simple pleasures in life. I'm a HUGE foodie! I developed a gluten allergy in my 20's and it forced me to relearn my body and how I eat but it grew into a passion and a love language of creating, trying, and sharing foods! I truly believe food brings people together!! 

I was that care free girl all my life. Never thought twice about what I was putting into my body because I had a high metabolism and could digest it without any consequences. The gluten allergy really changed that lifestyle! I gained 50 pounds in a matter of 2 months (the heaviest I've ever weighed), started having acne like I'd never had before, being beyond sick constantly you wouldn't believe. After doctors appointment after doctors appointment with no help, I started eliminating foods from my diet to see if that was the issue. Sure enough, I discovered it was gluten. To this day I'm still blown away at how many foods and products contain gluten, even items you wouldn't think would! 

I can happily now say that experience has impacted me for the better! I have lost 35 pounds by learning how to read labels for the first time ever, understand the proper food intakes, seeing supplements as our friends, and figuring out how to use gym equipment correctly. Also I found a healthy skin routine is a great form of self care. 

My favorite part of this whole journey though is learning how to cook and finding local restaurants I can love and enjoy with friends and family. 


Thanks for stopping by to read! For more daily shares and simply more of me, head over to my Instagram & give me a follow @rian_or_shine 

Follow me on Yelp for all the best local eateries - Yelp

📸 Instagram Post


XOXO,

Rian 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The same thing happened to me whenever I got to my 20s! It’s crazy how much our bodies need us to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that’s crazy but awesome you figured it out! My body changed after having kids and I’m still trying to learn it!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig