Sunday, October 8, 2023

Home Sweet Home

Hello lovelies!

 

Wow where do I begin? I feel like we've been on this house journey for a decade. From walk throughs, to offers, and programs, and many "it wasn't the right one, you'll get the next one" speeches when another house fell through the cracks. To finally be standing here today saying "We got one!"

 

Trading the hussle and bussle of the city to the countryside sweet tea sippin, sitting porch side. This house kind of fell into our laps. I was visiting my best friend from high school and telling her how hard the market has become, and at this point I was living to work, but I couldn't see a way out of it. She pulled up Zillow right then and found our house! I made an appointment that day to view the place and made an offer on the spot.

 

When I say buying a home is an emotional rollercoaster, I mean it! I felt every single emotion through this process from sadness, anger, hurt, second guessing so much, to excitement and happiness. I was devastated to be leaving behind the city I've lived in for the past 10 years and to have known as home. I honestly thought Albuquerque would be my forever home where we placed our roots. Although as more time progressed, I realized how much I am not in control all the time and need to trust God's plan.

 

At the end of the day moving back to my hometown of New Mexico has been the blessing in disguise we so desperately needed. A change of pace and a different perspective.

 

Here's to making a house a home, and to new chapters!

 

XOXO,

Rian


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Congratulations beautiful! I am so happy for you both! Yes, God puts you were you need to be, not always were we want to be!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig